ABB is a leading international supplier of medium voltage AC drives in the range of 250 kW to more than 100 MW.
ABB supplies medium voltage variable speed drives for a wide range of applications in the cement, mining and minerals; power; water; metals; marine and chemical, oil and gas industries. They are used to adapt the motor speed to the actual need, thus optimizing energy consumption and reducing CO2 emissions. Drives deliver precise process control through Direct Torque Control. The low component count makes these drives inherently more reliable. Many drives are retrofit-ready with a variety of flexible options you can choose according to your needs.
Many drives use a drive cubicle in which the input transformer, input contactor and on-board auxiliary power supply are built-in, while maintaining the compact size. The fully integrated drives allows for easiest integration into existing systems.
Key Product Features:
• Retrofit-ready for existing motors and suitable for most medium voltage applications including pumps, fans, compressors, extruders, conveyors.
• Output sine filter for pure sinusoidal voltage and current output: standard motors, no motor de-rating, no voltage stress and no common mode voltages on the motor insulation.
• Fuseless design for reliable, non-aging, maintenance-free circuit protection.
• DTC control platform for exceptionally high torque and speed control performance.
• Integrated or separate input transformer for highest system design flexibility.
|Medium Voltage Drives|
|Type of Drive||Medium Voltage AC Drive|
|Input voltage (V)||690/3300/6600/11000|
|Output voltage (KV)||2.3/3.3/4/6.6|
|Kw Range||250 to 1000|
|Input Frequency (Hz)||50/60|
|Output Frequency (Hz)||Up to 250Hz|
|Type of converter||Voltage Source Inverter|
|Type of motor||Induction/Synchronous/Permanent magnet|
|Ambient Temperature||Up to 40°C|
|Degree of Protection||IP 21/22/31/32/42/54|
Direct Torque control.
Inbuilt Drive Monitoring and Monitoring system.
Remote acess posibility for easy and fast service support.
Proven and reliable design and performance.
High reliability due to low port count.
Small foot print due to high density.
Network and Motor friendly
Extended I/O’s for Supervision functions
Integrated Input Transformer
Suitable for retrofit of existing motors.